Building Global Innovators (BGI) is a deep innovation global accelerator led by the University Institute of Lisbon – ISCTE and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology entities, MIT Portugal, Deshpande Center for Technological Innovation and the Martin Trust Center for Entrepreneurship).
The 6th Ed. is open until 24th May!
BGI is directed at aspiring entrepreneurs, startups and spin-outs with up to 5 years old, working on 4 market-application verticals: Medical Devices & Health IT, Smart Cities & Industrial Tech, Enterprise IT & Smart Data and Ocean Economy.
What do BGI alumni have to say?
“BGI linked with all their international contacts and potential investors. They really are catalyzers for growth and new business opportunities; it is totally different. They helped us to develop a global mindset.”
-Roberto Ugo, Movvo co-Founder (Portugal, USA)
“BGI way surpassed my expectations. It provides very high level mentoring and I believe it has the potential to lead to a lot of innovations and changes that will improved the world.”
-Torbjörn Nordling, Lokkupp co-founder (Sweden)
5 Reasons That Make BGI Unique – 5 Reasons to Apply!
- Over 11 ventures out of the batch of 20, get funded every edition. The average round per company is €465.7k. BGI alumni largest unique round to date: €3.5M, smallest: €40k.
- BGI network of advisers, mentors & catalysts features over 200 individuals spanning across 20 countries, from diverse backgrounds technical, marketing, business development, strategy, sales & venture financing.
- Every year the accelerator provides mentoring, bootcamps in ISCTE-IUL/Lisbon & MIT/Cambridge, continued support for up to 5 years after graduation and up to €0.5M in venture financing to 4 ventures.
- BGI provides free of charge office space from a number of international partnering incubators, depending on the best location for individual companies, ranging from 6 to 12 months, depending on location.
- BGI continuously strives to feature one of the smartest networks of informal and early stage angel investors in the world, some of whom act primarily as mentors and catalysts to its alumni network.
With the Found.ation as BGI Supporter for Greece – a talent rich entrepreneurial ecosystem, the accelerator aims to reach the daring Greek startups and take them globally. If you too are willing to take your startup to the next level, join us!
What’s in it for you?
- Over 1150h of expert mentoring, per venture
- Participation in investment sessions, invitation-only
- Opportunity to join the bootcamps at MIT/Boston and ISCTE-IUL/Lisbon
- Opportunity to be invested with up to €500k
- Continued support for up to 5 years
APPLY ONLINE – DEADLINE 24TH MAY