Business strategy — designing a business blueprint for profitability and competitiveness — is a skill. And just like marketing skills now involves SEO or social media, or retailing turns into e-commerce, your business strategy has to be tweaked in specific ways when creating products for the digital era.
This workshop brings product managers and startup founders up to speed with the essential elements of modern product strategy and business model innovation. You will get exposed to all the major strategy perspectives and frameworks. This gives you the necessary background to start on your own strategy journey.
You will benefit from this course if:
- You recently moved into a business role, haven’t had a chance to develop your strategy skillset yet and are looking for the self service definition.
- You want to brush up on your strategy skills for the digital age.
- You want to take the time to re-evaluate your current strategy based on state-of-the-art methodologies.
- You want to understand better why your product underperforms in the market, and how you can revitalize it.
What to expect? The workshop will be highly interactive, filled with discussion, examples, and case studies. Your active participation is expected. If you have a need for hundreds of PowerPoint slides in 14pt font, better look for another course. The workshop will be taught in English, but you can ask questions in Greek if that’s more comfortable to you. No prior business knowledge or background is required.
The workshop will be conducted in English.
(subject to change)
Monday 28/11 to Wednesday 30/11 | 17:00 – 20:00 (9 hours)
- What is a business model?
- What is competition? Who is your competitor?
- What is the essence of good strategy?
- Sources of uniqueness and market advantage
- Multi-market competition
- Platform strategy
- The link between innovation, disruption, and strategy
- The role of iterative experimentation, Lean Startup and data in strategy
“One day of strategy workshop with Stijn saved us a few months of random work.”
Vassilis Chryssos, Co-founder, Ex Machina
Stijn Schuermans – Founder at Innovictory
Stijn is the founder of Innovictory, a business model training and consulting firm that helps product leaders to create impact in a world of ‘free’ and multi-market competition. Stijn holds an engineering degree (ir.) from the Catholic University of Leuven and an MBA from Athens University of Economics and Business. He has over a decade’s experience as an engineer, product manager, strategist and business analyst.